Monday, April 20, 2009

Sew Crazy #5--Final Projects

This apron was going to be for my new sis-in-law and then I decided it just didn't look like her style. So, I decided it would perfectly match the tastes of my friend who is getting married next month.


I made this Chic Sisters apron (a Marie-Madeline Studio pattern) after I ordered this from Fashionably Modest Patterns. I was a little disappointed with the fabric I had. I hadn't realized how thin the light pink stuff was when I bought it on clearance.
God has laid on my heart the person whom I really think needs to receive this apron so I won't be keeping this one!



I seem to be the queen of improvisation. So, when I attempted to make a One-Hour apron out of this fabric, and didn't read the directions enough and made a major mistake, it became a little skirt for Alathia!










Justus enjoys his new tie quilt. No more sleeping in a princess blanket!
Now that I've caught up on all of these sewing projects, I think I'll take a break from sewing this week! But I enjoy it so much, I know I'll be back to it soon! My head is spinning with all the things I want to make for people. I need to pace myself though! I think when I take up sewing again it will be to make a few more Chic Sisters Aprons for 3 friends getting married this summer.







2 comments:

Thia said...

Justus looks very content with his new blanket! You do lovely work.

Heather said...

Ohhh, I love your chic sisters apron! The fabric is adorable!!

Lovely sewing projects, Linds!

To answer your question, sure, it might be fun to sew the girls some Gracie Ruffle Skirts. I'd been thinking about making them some for this summer. Thanks!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It