Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sew Crazy!!!



A truck book and a racecar blanket. What could be better?


Sleepy Jer loved his tie quilt I made him out of the sale fleece I mentioned snagging last week at Wal-Mart. No more sleeping in pink blankets!



A fun and simple tutu. I used an elastic waistband (sewed together) and then tied 3x24 inch lengths around the waistband until it was full and poofy. Because I had gotten a bolt of tulle at the thrift store for $2, this tutu only cost me around 70 cents to make! I made three last week and we gave two of them away to Ali's friends.


I'll be featuring more sewing projects this week as I'm excited to share with you all some of the fun things I'm making. I've been bitten by a spring sewing bug and I have so many things I'm anxious to do. It helps that I have a couple of fun new patterns and a few yards of fun, new fabric!





4 comments:

Lesley said...

Very cute!! I love the stuff you've made!! My girls would love a tutu like that. I wish I knew how to sew. Maybe someday I'll learn. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your other projects too and keep up the good work! :)

Heather said...

I can't wait to see more pics! I'm so impressed with the tutu--wow!

And I'm glad Jer loves his racecar blanket!

Chris, Tasha, Dawson & Lainey said...

You aren't the only one!! I have made Lainey 2 dresses, a cute purse for myself, and I just got new fabric and a pattern yesterday. I am so excited with all the fun new Spring colors out, and they are so bright! I have also been making some more hair bows (see my blog) and have sucessfully sold quite a few at the local beauty place. Ahhh...gotta love spring and fresh new ambition! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

wow, this is cute!! I made sister Lily a tulle dress up skirt for christmas last year, but this year I'll try to make one the way you made this purple one, it's so fluffy and full :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It