Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning

You may remember me saying a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to do some spring cleaning. I didn't end up getting to it that week because of things we had going on, kids getting colds, etc. But last week I was able to tackle these projects I really wanted to get to, and I have a list of things to tackle this week as well. When one has 3 little children, spring cleaning is a long process, bit by bit.

Done
-Baby dresser organized and sorted
-Stacks and piles of Clothing Swap Clothes are now out of the house, yay!
-Cleaned under my bed and organized a few bags of odds and ends left under there from our move in Dec.
-Organized our desk cubby and threw out old papers, sorted what to keep, etc.
-Sorted through all of the kid's clothes yet again
-Organized Alathia's clothing shelf and folded all the clothes. I figured that she's now old enough to keep the piles neat and straight and so I'm going to start folding her clothes again.





Goals for This Week

-Organize Homechooling/Craft Shelf
-Organize my pantry
-Go through my tickler file and sort papers
-Clean out my closet
-Rotate toys again (How do we keep ending up with tons of toys out even though I try to keep to my Pioneer Living goal of 5 per kid?)
-Vacuum baseboards around every room in the house
-Clean out and organize my fridge and freezer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great goals! I am totally in the Spring cleaning/sorting mode:)

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Wow! You have been so busy! I have no idea how you get it all done with 3 littles. I struggle with my one. I have been spring cleaning too and trying to finish the curtian I started a year ago. My poor husband has had to look at a blanket over or bedroom window but since the baby I have barely had time for mending.

I have also been working on my heart and attitude. I seem to get stressed out and then don´t enjoy the cleaning as I should or get upset when I am intruped by yet another dirty diaper or baby in the "no don´t touch" training stage.

I have enjoyed seeing your aprons. They are so beautiful!

mamamia said...

great goals! I am gearing up for spring cleaning, too! I posted about a spring cleaning party on my site, if you are interested. Anyway, it sure feels good to get these tasks out of the way, huh?

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It