Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Poem



Today instead of posting the usual "Best of COF" recipe/article I am going to post this Easter Poem which I wrote when I was 16. It sums up what Christ has done in my life.








I LAID in a pool of sin, in bondage


HE CAME so I could be free.


I SAT in doubt and pride, wondering


HE STILLED the storm in me


I ROSE on shaky ground, trembling


HE PRAYED that I might stand


I STOOD as His child by grace, with hope


HE TOUCHED my life with His outstretched hand


I WALK in a world that's dying, with conviction


HE GAVE His Spirit to live in me,


I'LL RUN the race He's planned, with joy


HE'LL COME any day to deliver me.


HE LIVES.









1 Cor. 1:30 And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption





1 Cor 1: 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.








(Image from http://media.photobucket.com/image/Images%20of%20the%20cross%20at%20sunset/fieldijm/cross-sunset_628_1024x768.jpg)

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It