Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Best of COF--Snack Ideas and Cute Poem

This list was published in the May 2007 newsletter.





Healthy Snacks for Kids


Baked apple rings

English muffins topped with scrambled eggs and cheese

Banana frozen on a popsicle stick

Celery with peanut butter and raisins (ants on a log)

Cereal low in sugar

Hardboiled eggs

Zuchinni or carrot muffins

Fruit smoothies

Frozen yogurt topped with nuts

Pita bread

Popcorn topped with cinnamon or Parmesan cheese

Rice cakes

Finger sandwiches

Homemade popsicles

Sunflower of pumpkin seeds

Cottage Cheese

French Toast Strips

Meat balls

Fruit leather (made without sugar)

Cucumbers

Quesadillas


Taken from The Mom Book by Stacey M. DeBroff.



Poem written by Jill Briscoe

Submitted to the newsletter by my friend Hanna
A Prayer About a Hot Spot
Am I like a tea bag
Waiting to know
What flavor I am
When in hot H2O?
Am I like a tea bag
Soggy and wet?
Am I asking the Lord
Just how hot it can get?
I want to be able
To give out for sure
A fragrant aroma
That makes folks want more
But that means hot water
That hurts my deep pride
And cleans out my life
Till I'm tired inside
Of a fragrance-less life
That knows not how to sing
So dip me in water
But keep hold of the string!
Amen.


No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It