Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Notes from our Life

Carsen, Ali, Kennedy and Jer had fun doing some handprint-painting yesterday at our house!
I'll post later in the day how Week #3 is going with the Early Rising Experiment. I have LOTS of cute pics to post too that I've taken recently. I also am excited about a new project I'll be announcing in the next few days that some of you may be interested in joining me in!









Today I would ask that you pray for little 3-year-old Kennedy as she's having a minor surgery on her thumb for trigger finger. We'll be watching her twin brother for part of the day. Even with issues that are easy to solve, like this, it can be tough on the parents so please pray that God would comfort them.









Because Kennedy's parents will be caring for her post-surgery all evening, they are giving me their tickets they had for Swan Lake which is coming to town. I am SO GRATEFUL! It's been a long, long time since I've seen a ballet and I'm sure it will be good since it's an accomplished traveling troupe. Shiloh may be able to go with me, but if not, I'll take my mom.






I found some tulle at the thrift store for $2 and bought it. I thought it was only a few yards, but it turned out to be about 10 yards worth! I made Ali and Kennedy each a tutu, which took about an hour each. They are so beautiful and Ali loved hers so much she had to wear it to bed. We hope Kennedy's tutu will make her feel better after surgery. I'll post cute pics of it when I get a chance!




1 comment:

Heather said...

We'll definitely be praying. I hope everything goes well.

A ballet--how wonderful! I've never seen one. Please blog about it! :) (Are my rural roots showing now?)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It