Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shower Pics

Here's the bride cake! It turned out less smooth than I had hoped because I ran out of frosting even though I doubled the batch. This is two whole cake mixes. I made this one fatter than the other one since I wanted to be sure there was enough to feed everyone. So, it may not resemble Anna's real wedding dress, but at least it was enough for everyone and we had leftovers for days!

My mom really spiced up the shower. She's gifted in making things pretty and setting up a fun atmosphere. She brought fun decorations, Honduran pipe music, and pretty flowers.




Anna with her bride cake.








Kennedy and Ali eagerly watch the gift-opening





Yay! A food chopper! I need to get myself one of these things. Don't you love going to showers and getting ideas?


Mmm! A cheesecake pan! A must for the wife of Colter. Both Anna and Colter love cheesecake so much they are having that at their wedding instead of regular cake.


Kayla and Reagan battled it out to be the winners of the clothespin game. They tricked various people into saying "Wedding" in order to steal their clothespins!





Anna with her ribbon bouquet!








Been wondering what I ended up doing with the Knight in Shining Armor fabric? I wanted to do a backpack or some beanbags for the boys, but then I figured out it was a prime opportunity to embarrass my brother so I made him a pair of boxers out of it and gave them to him at his tool shower (for guys and gals) at his church! The tag says, "For Prince Charming."



The back of the boxers. Ran out of Knight fabric and had to use train stuff. He was thoroughly embarrassed, which was this Big Sister's goal!




Jon reads a devotional on marriage and gives some humorous, and serious, marital advice at the tool shower.

One of the pastor's at the shower gave Colter a really cool bowie knife. Needless to say, this won't be going to Honduras with him as it would surely be taken away in an airport!

The gift I liked the best at the tool shower was this amazing photograph of the tetons given to them by a professional wildlife photographer in his church. This guy will also be doing their wedding photos!

The pastor doing the wedding gave Colter a stud-finder. On the package it said, "Is there a stud in the house?"


1 comment:

the momma said...

cake looked great!!


(don't forget to get in the drawing for free soap) http://pursuingjoy.blogspot.com/2009/03/self-sufficiency-and-giveaway.html

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It