Monday, March 16, 2009

Kid Funnies

A MagnaDoodle drawing of Justus by Ali


We were taking a walk and went by an enormous brick mansion. I said, "Wow! That's a big house!" Ali said, "One guy really loves his wife." I was confused wondering how she jumped from talking about houses to husbands and wives. I asked her what she meant and she said, "One guy loved his wife a LOT because he made her a really big house! He do'd his best work." I chuckled and thought, "I guess LOVE is spelled H-O-U-S-E in Ali's mind! We'll have to mention this to her future husband someday!"
One day I heard Ali saying to a toy that wasn't doing what she wanted it to, "Ugh! This hates me!" I don't know where she got the phrase but it was funny!
I was rolling the whole wheat bread into loaf shapes and Ali said, "That looks like poop!"
Ali told us, "I don't like Bobs or Larrys." What she means is that she won't eat tomatoes or cucumbers.
One day Ali had a little friend over for the day. I heard her telling her 5 year old friend, "You talk funny just like my friend _____ at preschool!" I began listening to them as they talked and then I noticed that the little friend can't pronounce her R's and had somewhat of an accent.
Nothing like honesty in a friendship!
I asked Ali a review question for our Little House on the Prairie daily reading. I said, "What were Laura's Daddy's new horses named?" The real answer is, "Pet and Patty." She said, "Pet and Rebate."
Ali said her bedtime prayers and said, "Please help Daddy not to be goofy and silly. Amen!" We have no idea where she got this one from!
One day before the wedding when I was getting stressed I really hollered at the kids and apologized and asked their forgiveness and prayed in front of them too, telling them that Jesus doesn't like Mama to yell and wants Mama to be good. So, the next day Ali's prayer was, "Thank you for Momma. Help her not to yell at us and help her to learn stuff with You and to be good. Amen."
I told Ali she was such a good helper for Mama and was being so nice. She said, "Everyday I want to 'cuz everyday I'm sweet enough."
One day we overheard our kids saying to one another, "I got this at Walgreens." The other one said, "I got this at Wal-Mart on a really good sale!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of kids and frugal talk: The other day Carsen and I were talking about the tires on a jeep and after talking about their color, shape, etc. he stated, "Those are new tires dad, but they didn't get them on sale and that's bad." Haha!

the momma said...

When my mom was visiting Saturday, Josiah(3) told her, "If you didn't have a baby in your tummy, you could jump on the trampoline."
Ouch!
gotta love 'em!

Ali is pretty darn good with that magnadoodle!!!

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

Funny. Love the Bargains.

LS said...

Those are hysterical! Thanks for sharing!

Jesse,
Just think what could happen if Ali and Carsen got married. They'd pinch pennies so tight the pennies would scream!

theMomma,
Poor Grandma! My daughter said that same spiel to a cousin of mine at Christmas time!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It