Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Best of COF--Salsa Skillet and Stroganoff

It's Saturday and that means "The Best of COF" Day! Here are two great recipes that I received from my friend Laura, back when she had just gotten married. Hope you enjoy them! We certainly have over the years. We have found that salsa skillet freezes well and is a quick and delicious meal to make for busy nights!

Laura’s Easy Salsa Skillet

Laura says, "This was the 1st dish I ever made as a newlywed! It’s now one of our favorites!"

1 lb. Lean hamburger
1 jar salsa (preferably chunky)
½ cup sour cream
1 cup water
½ tsp. Salt
2 C wagon wheel pasta (uncooked); you may use fiori pasta or something else if you can’t find this.


Cook beef in 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 8-10 minutes until brown. Stir water, salsa,
uncooked pasta and salt into beef. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender. Stir in sour cream and cook just until hot! Enjoy!



Norwegian Venison Stroganoff


1 Chunk Stew Meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 can mushrooms
¼ c. chopped onion
2/3 c. red cooking wine (or beef broth instead)
1 c. sour cream
Sprinkle cubed meat with salt, pepper, and paprika. Let sit for ½ hour. Brown meat in butter in skillet. Take meat out with a slotted spoon, leaving juices in skillet. Fry mushrooms and onions in skillet with juices and butter and saute 10-15 minutes. Stir in red wine and sour cream in the skillet and simmer. Add meat again. Cook 10 minutes. Serve over egg noodles. This is really, really good!


Circle of Friends (COF) was a newsletter I published for 3.5 years to share recipes, mom tips, and encouragement with young moms. Now that I am no longer able to publish it because of costs, I am sharing the best of it here on Saturdays!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog! I frequently read and rarely post comments! But today I had some time so I wanted to say I really enjoy your blog and posts. They are thought provoking and interesting! Thanks for keeping it real and sharing good ideas!

Our Home to Yours said...

Haha! I smiled when I read this.. thanks Lindsey!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It