Friday, March 27, 2009

Done and Undone

I'm excited about a series my friend Heather is starting called Done and Undone. You can post 5 (or more) things that you accomplished on your blog or in her comments section and then list 5 things you didn't get done. It's good for reminding us moms who feel overwhelmed by the many, many chores we have each day that we are accomplishing things even if we can't do it all.

5 Things Done
1. Took my 3 kiddoes swimming. We all had fun and none drowned. Oh, and none threw toys at other kids either!
2. Made a taco lunch for my family and cleaned up. Fed baby 4 bottles and peas and some crackers. Fed the kids two snacks so far today in addition to meals!
3. Chatted with a gal in the finance department of a Montana hospital and found out we may be able to get some financial aid with one bill. (But if not, Samaritan Ministries will cover it.)
4. Spent a lot of time (too much!) thinking about how to spend my birthday money. Lots of ideas! Debated for a LONG time on putting it towards a dishwasher, but decided that dream may have to be put aside for a while.
5. Washed a load of laundry and put folded laundry away.

5 Things Undone

1. Need to go to the used book store where a friend who works there is holding a Dave Ramsey book for me for pick-up
2. Didn't get to the county clerk's yet to obtain a copy of my bro's marriage license for the errands I'm doing for him. Oh well, I have a couple of weeks to get this done.
3. All the dishes. But at least the silverware (what I hate doing the most) is done and put away.
4. I still haven't found the bottom of my laundry pile. I try to do 2 loads a day, but if you skip a day, you're way behind! Mt. Everest!
5. Haven't packed yet for our trip to Billings coming up.

How about you? Join in and share by going to Bless Your Family and linking up to the Done and Undone post, or share in the comments on Heather's post what you did and didn't accomplish today!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Linds--it's exciting to see the Lord's continued provision for Josiah's medical bills!

I think you're brave for taking the kids swimming by yourself. I want to take our girls ice skating this winter, but am just getting brave enough to do it myself. (Had to skip this week because of injuries, but hopefully next week!)

I love how you thought of saving for a dishwasher. It's such an attractive idea! Here's a thought for you: possibly save some for throughout the year so you can buy little things that come up that you like. :)

Lesley said...

What a great idea!!

My parents, who you know are in Montana, just had that Samaritan Ministry pay for a bunch of medical bills my dad had racked up when he had some sort of asthma attack awhile back. How I wish we had that sort of thing here!! You and my parents are extremely fortunate to have something like that to cover medical bills.
I just got all the paperwork together and ready to mail off to try and get our huge bill for Kayley reduced. I'm praying for a miracle because there is just no way we can pay it.

Have fun with your b-day money! :)

Mrs. Jo said...

Lesley,
The Samaritan Ministries we belong to is similar to insurance. You pay in about $300 a month and you aren't guaranteed coverage, but they will almost always share your medical need. So, it's not called insurance, but it's similar to it. Members will be assigned to us when our need is published and they will mail us personal checks, which we will deposit and pay the bills with. It's similar to what we used to belong to: Christian Care Medi-Share, but that got too expensive for us so we switched. You have to be a Christian and have a pastoral evaluation to join. They don't cover well-check-ups or dental things or eye or things like that but our kids are covered by our state health insurance for low-income families so that's been nice for all the appointments they have had.
Anyone in any state or even Americans living in other countries can join Samaritan Ministries. If you guys aren't covered by health insurance you should try it! If you do, mention our names as the ones who referred you! Teressa, my roomie from college was the one who referred us!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It