Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mrs. Jo's Healthier Cookies

I love cookies and desserts but I also love eating healthy. I've tried many recipes in trying to combine the two somewhat and haven't always been happy with the results. In my cookbook "The Sneaky Chef" there is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I tried and didn't really like, so I decided to take my Betty Crocker recipe and my Sneaky chef recipes and kind of combine them, creating my own cookie recipe. They taste great!

Here it is! Perfect for those days when you just crave a chocolate chip cookie.

1/2 C. sucanant (or brown sugar or honey)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. white bean puree (made from cooked navy beans and a little water pureed in a blender)
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
1/2 C. quick-cooking oats

Blend the above ingredients in a food processor or blender for easy mixing.

Then add:
1 C. unbleached all-purpose flour
1 C. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt

Mix well and add 3/4 bag of chocolate chips (more or less as desired).

Bake at 350 on a greased cookie sheet until lightly brown on top (10-15 minutes).

Try adding: wheat germ, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, etc. if desired.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds yummy. I'll have to try them next time we make navy beans.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It