Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Lady's Apron




I've been into sewing aprons this week. Unfortunately, the apron I was making last night with a store-bought pattern totally flopped and looked horrible once finished. So, I developed my own pattern. Then I decided to make Ali a couple of little aprons. One isn't quite finished and is smock-style for painting or coloring in. This little one is almost like a large bib, which she can wear when helping Mommy in the kitchen or while eating. It is the easiest thing ever to make! I've taken pictures of the shape so you can get an idea in case you want to make some. Because it's so tiny, I didn't think side ties were necessary, but with the adult ones in this style I will add ties at the hip. I'm considering making a few in boyish prints to use as long bibs for Jer (without the ruffle of course!)


Experiment with ribbons or bias tape to embellish them.

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It