Monday, October 13, 2008

Making my Home a Haven Monday

Today's projects have been getting things done that I have been putting off. These things are what I refer to as emotional debt. I cleaned up some paper piles, got bills ready to mail, tackled some cleaning/de-cluttering, made homemade bread, and am hoping to get the dishes done and baby thank-you notes done. With all of the winter coats and snowpants out now and needing to hang to dry, I'm feeling like our small apartment is overly cluttered and messy. I need to figure out a solution for that, perhaps moving some furniture out and getting a bigger coat basket or putting some hooks up or something.
The snow makes me want to bake more and play games and snuggle up and read stories with the kids. There is something fun about the first big snow and it's delightful to see the kids playing in it!

1 comment:

Thia said...

That emotional debt is piling up here too.
I can't believe you have snow already. That's crazy. The kids look like they had fun though. Hooks might be a good idea, hung at their level so they can hang their own stuff up. It's the shoes that always get me. Muddy, wet...Ug. Now that we have a garage, I can leave them there. Prior to the garage, I was making everyone stay on the linolium area of the floor until I had them all stripped down. Boots went on the mat. Death to anyone tracking mud onto my carpet.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It