Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bean Disaster



Trying to avoid the mess that comes with the kids playing in their box of beans, I decided to lay out my neat sheet (which is like a cloth picnic table) and have them play with the beans on that. I assumed clean-up would be much easier as I would carefully fold up the neat sheet and dump any stray beans back into the box.

I was happily cooking supper with two content children playing behind me when I heard a dreadful noise. The kind of noise that can only mean that your kids have made an enormous mess.

Apparently Ali didn't like the neat sheet being messy and decided to shake it off.......

It's been two weeks and I'm still finding beans.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That looks oh so familiar! :)

Thia said...

Then there was the time I dropped a bowl full of cranberries in the kitchen...they bounce SO nice. Table clothes and kids just don't mix, so I am learning. We have been using one in practice for the delivery of our new table (this week or next). The new one must be covered! Well, yesterday I was mopping up spilled juice. It was an accident, but I wonder how much time this table cloth thing is going to cost me.
Tell the kids they can have a penny for every bean they turn in.

Meredith said...

That looks very familiar to me, too! Only substitute white rice against a white floor. :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It