Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Teaching

I'm fairly new to Mark Driscoll but I'm really enjoying his vidoe preaching series on The Song of Solomon (now that I have DSL) which is entitled The Peasant Princess. I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend that any of you out there who are married tune in to this series. I have heard sermons on SOS and have listened to the Tommy Nelson series on it at least once, but this is the best teaching I have ever heard on this book and I really learn a LOT and am left at the end of his teaching wanting to dig through my Bible and study even further.
Some of you may be shocked or surprised at Mark Driscoll's style of preaching but keep in mind he is a missionary to his city; the most unchurched city in our nation, and is a church-planter among non-Christians. He is about as different from John Piper as night and day when it comes to style and method but they are friends and John Piper endorses his theology; they are both Reformed. I had heard all kinds of negative comments floating around the internet about Mark Driscoll and was curious why people are so offended by him, so I started listening and was hooked!
Check it out.
Go to www.marshillchurch.org and click on the series entitled The Peasant Princess. I recommend you listen to them in order. So far there are 4 sermons, with more to come.

If you are single it wouldn't hurt to listen to this and learn what a Christian marriage is supposed to look like in preparation for that time of life.

3 comments:

S. and Company said...

Hey Lindsey!
Steve and I enjoy listening to Mark Driscol as well! We enjoy a variety of preaching styles (like Piper vs. Driscol, like you mentioned). It can be refreshing sometimes to hear someone be blunt about the Truth! :)
A couple years ago we actually were able to see Piper and Driscol speak at a conference in the cities - it was very good.
Hope you're having a nice day!
love,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the share. I am excited to see it.

Thia said...

So much good stuff out there! I can't wait until the laptop is internet connected in the kitchen. Then I can listen to stuff and hear it in the livingroom, kitchen, and dining area. I love oneplace.com!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It