Monday, October 6, 2008

COUPONING PAYS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some skeptics out there who don't think couponing is worth it. Perhaps it isn't worth it to them in terms of time or energy, but one can't deny that it yields awesome returns financially!!!
I finally got with the times and started doing my Walgreens rebate stuff online. It takes just a few minutes and saves a stamp! In doing so, I noticed that they had my whole history of rebates listed. I began couponing in Sep. of 2007. So.....here is the grand total folks............... (drumroll....).............

From Sep of 2007-Sep of 2008 we have gotten $228.15 worth of FREE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Our total was $258.15 but I subtracted the inital $30 I spent on rebate stuff to get the ball rolling).

This is only including the free-after-rebate items! Keep in mind also that there were a couple of months I didn't get any FAB stuff because the deals weren't that good or we couldn't use the items!
I am guessing that we have gotten at least $200 worth of freebies in the last year through register rewards deals too! Then there are the times we used coupons on rebate items or register reward items and GOT PAID to buy stuff. Then there are the things that I have gotten free or for pennies that were clearance items I used coupons on! Then there are the $5 off coupons they routinely give out on the internet. Then there are the amazing sales they have where diapers are about $2 a package......
....Ahhh. So many deals at Walgreens.

I have no idea how much money we've made off of Walgreens but I do know that shopping there has majorly paid off for our family!

*Due to the fact that I was new to couponing and rebate stuff, I had a couple of times where I made blunders, such as forgetting to turn my rebate in on time (thus having to pay $3 total for a package of gel pens and a box of washable markers instead of getting them totally free) or submitting the receipt wrong and not getting a rebate. But in spite of those blunders, I still got the product I paid for (just didn't get it free) and it was only a couple of times this happened to me. I know I didn't lose more than $20 this whole year doing couponing. Yes, it can be slightly risky to coupon, but a $20 loss to $400 worth of free stuff is worth it!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That is awesome!!!!!!! I am truly inspired. I hope to get back into the Walgreens deals, although I don't know how it will go since every time I try to get a deal, every single Walgreens is out of the items I want!

Heather said...

I was just wondering if I could calculate how much I've saved at Walgreen's, and you just did! That's amazing, isn't it? Although, a person could note that their FAR items are usually a bit overpriced--but still, they're free. :)

joolee said...

I, too, am totally addicted to walgreens! Checking out on Friday night with some 75% off diapers and jelly plus the regular rebate items and the additional $5 off coupon, the cashier jokingly accused me of robbing them blind. Seriously, I sometimes feel like I AM robbing them, but I love every minute of it!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It