Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wipe Envy

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be envious of baby wipes, but after that amazing deal at Target around Christmas time, I think I'm spoiled when it comes to buying wipes! I envy all of you who live near a Target and stocked up for about year at 5-25 cents per box of the Huggies brand! I bought a few boxes when I was visiting relatives in MN but now that they are gone I had to go and search 3 different stores before I finally plunked my money down for some cheapy, thin wipes for $1.09 for a package of 80. Even with some amazing coupons I had, the Walgreens wipes deals weren't good and the stores here in town are about double the Walgreens price. I've tried making my own wipes and it just doesn't work for me! I'm also very opposed to the idea of cloth wipes, although I don't mind cloth diapers! So, maybe I will just have to go back to buying the bulk boxes from Wal-Mart of Parent's Choice wipes for an average price of $1.33 a package. The shame of it all! Those of you who have an entire pantry full of wipes from the Target deal should count your blessings! And if anyone sees any good wipe deals advertised at places like Walgreens, Safeway, K-mart, Family Dollar, etc. let me know!

1 comment:

Mrs. Taft said...

Just out of curiosity, why opposed to cloth wipes? I've used them exclusively even when using disposable diapers. So much cheaper and so much less waste! I find that plain ol' water works just fine, so I just wet them as I go, but for poopies I do squirt a tiny big of baby wash on one. Usually I only need 2-3 wipes for a poo, whereas with disposable wipes I need way more.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It