Monday, February 4, 2008

My Walgreens Deals of the Week

On Thursday MoneySavingMom highlighted a coupon for Walgreens that was $5 off of a $20 purchase. I couldn't resist heading over for a quick trip to Walgreens since there were tons of other good deals last week in addition to that one!

I got:
2 boxes of envelopes
Large jar of Kraft mayonaise
Contact solution travel kit
3 chapsticks (100% natural)
Candy bracelets for my daughter's upcoming birthday party
1 package Pampers cruisers
3 boxes Kleenex
Speed Stick Deodorant
Garnier Fructis Conditioner
5-Hour Energy Boosters

Total $ spent on my gift card from last month: $32
Register Rewards-$2
Rebates to come: $22

Total value of these items if I had purchased them on normal sales/discounts at Wal-Mart:
$45

So, for about $8, I got $45 worth of stuff! I used coupons on almost everthing and had a catalina for $2 off Cruisers that had printed for me after a transaction last month at Walgreens. I combined it with a $1.50 off Pampers coupon from a cereal box and a sale on Pampers products! With the $5 off coupon for Thursday only, I figure my Pampers were completely free!
The chapsticks were tricky because I had to go through the line with one first and then got my RR and then used it to pay for the next transaction. I messed one deal up and ended up only getting 2-$2 RR on the 3 chapsticks but it was still a great deal and I learned my lesson. I figure if I had been paying better attention I should have saved about $3 more than I did on this last trip, but I'm still pretty happy with the results I got!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It