Wednesday, March 24, 2010

He Cares

Photo credit: Amanda Kastner


Ever had one of those days as a Mom?  Where you are tempted to believe the lie that you can't do it anymore or that life is too hard?  Where the kids are driving you crazy with fighting and whining, or crying all night and not letting you sleep, or you have the stomach flu and have to care for everyone when you aren't feeling well?  I had one of those days recently.  I desperately needed encouragement.  I didn't feel strong enough to face the challenges of the day. 
And God stepped in, in His gentle way and reassured me that
HE CARES.
Even though I don't deserve it.
Even though I continually look to other things to satisfy me.
Even though many others have greater trials than I do.
I was feeling desperate and all of a sudden I heard God speaking to me through a song from the Whirl n' Worship DVD the kids were watching.
It is a fun, upbeat, Jamaican-style song that says, "I can do everything, everything through Christ who gives me strength, oh, oh, Jesus gives me the strength I need, He gives me the strength I need, He gives me power from above...."
And the tears fell.
He cares
He gives me all the strength I need to get through this day, this difficult moment.  I'm not alone.  When I needed a word of encouragement, He was there, speaking through His Words set to a kid's song.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Amen! It's wonderful when He reminds us how much he cares for us when we need to hear it most!
Also, I really like your new blog look! Really cool... great colors and theme!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It