Last week we covered
If you are new to party planning or want to keep things simple because you don't have a lot of help or time, here are some tips:
- Where: Have it at your home, a friend's house, or at your church
- Who to invite? Invite fewer people if possible. Focus on the people whom the person is closest to.
- What time: Go with a time in the mid-morning or afternoon or after dinner to avoid having to serve a full meal.
- Food: Opt for one main thing, like cake or ice-cream sundaes, with some small appetizers on the side: nuts, fruit, cheese and crackers, etc. Simple drinks: water, hot tea and coffee, pink lemonade, koolaid, milk, pop.
- Avoid games if you possibly can. Games are fun and can make a party memorable, but if you are trying to keep things ultra simple, skip the games.
- Invitations: In lieu of a formal, printed invitation, it's often very appropriate to send an e-mail invite, call folks on the phone, or talk to them in person. This could save you time AND stamps!