Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How to Make a Lime Ricky


A certain local fast food place here in town makes a delicious drink called a "Lime Ricky." Though I boycott the other food they sell due to the fact that it is the dirtiest, grungiest looking place, I have found myself often craving one of these drinks during pregnancy. So, the other day I decided to try and make one on my own at home to save money and so that I could have one every day. The results were pretty good! Here's what you do:


Juice (I do it by hand with a little hand-juicer) 6 small limes or 4 large ones


Add 1 cup of sugar and 3 C. of water to the lime juice in a pitcher and stir well.

Fill a glass with crushed ice or cubes if that's all you have. Pour about 2/3 C. of the limeade into a glass. Pour grape pop on top to fill the glass. Throw one of the squeezed lime halves into the glass for added flavor. If it's a little too tart for your tastes, add a little more pop and less limeade or vice versa. If grape isn't your thing, you can do this with cherry pop to make a Cherry Lime Ricky.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

allisonmn said...

Thanks! sorry, I didnt see your reply on the bottom.
That actually helps a lot- a lot of the sites on making your oun diapers "warn" not to use less expensive fleece, but isn't that the whole point? to save money?!
yeah, soakers, doublers, same idea.
have you tried making the outside of the diapers out of anything but PUL? I couldnt tell in the second picture of the blue one if it was PUL or not.
FYI, 5\8ths of a yard of PUL suposedly makes 2 diapers so it seems to be less expensive to buy by the yard, and not by the "diaper sized piece" especially if you are making a few. thanks for the tips!

Our Home to Yours said...

This looks sooo good to me right now Lindsey! What a fun way to make a expensive drink yourself!!
:) Great advice! I hope to be back in the blogging world again soon..

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It