Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Odds and Ends

Here's a weird question, but one I haven't found an answer to yet, so if you have a suggestion, please let me know:

Is there a "healthy" alternative to Ramen noodle soup? I get hungry for it every now and then and it's such a fast fix for lunches but I don't want my kids to grow up on MSG either! I had it a lot as a kid and like it, but was wondering if there is a better alternative?

Note to "The Momma": I appreciate all your wise advise and comments here! I've tried to comment on your blog but my computer never lets me. I was so proud of your cute shoes you posted a while back and I thank you for the tips on sugar. Even though we tried to control the Easter candy, it was a hopeless cause since everyone else gave our kids sugar and that is likely why they were so awful on Monday!

Where did I find the great books I recently posted on? I saw them in a CBD homeschoolers resources catalog and asked my in-laws to buy them. They either bought them from www.christianbook.com or www.amazon.com If you plan to homeschool, you will find yourself drooling over everything in the CBD catalog!

3 comments:

the momma said...

now, this is just off the top of my head, I haven't tried it....
could you cook the noodles, toss the seasoning pkt & used canned chicken broth or maybe msg-free bullion cubes? just thinking here.....
I, personally, have never craved 'curly noodles'. As a general rule, I won't eat them (kids like 'em, though & they're so darn cheap!) but when I'm pregnant, I enjoy them every once in awhile. My kids pegged me as pregnant once, cause I happily ate them :-)

ps ~ so sorry you can't comment on my blog. bummer.

Kerry said...

Thai noodles. They are more pricey but worth it.

Amy said...

We don't eat much Ramen noodles at our house, but my grandmother only puts 1/2 of the seasoning packet on the noodles. She says it tastes just as good, and she does it because she can't have all the sodium. I guess 1/2 the junk is better than all of it!! :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It