Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mortification

I recently got out for a night away from the kids. My friend and I and her daughter went to a play in a nearby town at a college and saw "Beauty and the Beast." It was a wonderful performance but my cough bugged me throughout the play and I sucked tons of cough drops. My poor friend though suffered the worst. We had assigned seats and guess who she would be assigned to sit next to? Her male OB/GYN from our town! He was there with his wife and daughter. Now, don't get me wrong. He's a nice guy and did his best to make polite conversation and introduced her to his wife and child. However, there is just something incredibly embarrassing about having to sit through a 2.5 hour play next to a guy who has seen it all and then some! Especially when he asks you how your post-birth bleeding is going! And not only had he delivered her baby 2 months ago, and did the 6 week check-up but he recently did another uterine procedure on her for birth control (*she's not a Christian to those of you who think bc is morally wrong for all Christians) and she has a follow up appointment with him tomorrow. Not only did she have to sit by him, but she ended up standing near him at intermission, and we were behind them in the line exiting the building. We were also behind them entering into the large college parking lot. Just when it seemed that we would never get away from him, we discovered he was parked EXACTLY next to us in a parking lot of hundreds of cars!
I know that as you age, these things don't really matter and with each kid you have you lose a ton of modesty and personal privacy. But still......I am so thankful to have midwives!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It