Sunday, September 30, 2007

Little Touches Two






There is so much one can do in the autumn season to add a little decorating flare to one's home. Thanks to the lovely ladies who blog beautiful tips and show craft pictures I'm getting more and more ideas. These dried flowers were 10 cents at the thrift store. The apples are part of the week's groceries and the basket is a yard sale find. These three tiny jars were only a quarter for all of them and they look nice on my kitchen shelf filled with mint chips or candy corn. These pretty goblets and creamer pitcher were about 50 cents at a pottery-maker's yard sale. So lovely! Everything just tastes better in beautiful things! I don't like unnecessary knicknacks or gaudy decorations, but practical with little artistic touches is perfect for me. We eat a lot of homemade refried beans. These pinto beans store nicely in a mason jar with a pretty cloth on top.

2 comments:

Delchi, Krista, Sabria, Ariana and Ivan said...

Dear Josiah and Lindsey,

I wanted to reply to your blog entry a few weeks ago about God's will regarding having children when Krista pointed it out to me. But my reply would have been too long as a comment, and I also wanted to share our perspective with many of our friends who are wrestling with the same decision, so I decided to write a blog entry myself. It has taken me this long.

Anyway, if you go to our site you can read it there, if you have the time and if I don't bore you too much:) Krista and I have enjoyed hearing your many thoughts, and would love to hear from you.

Regards, Delchi

Meredith said...

Very inspirational!

I love the autumn-toned pottery.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It