Sunday, September 30, 2007

Little Touches One





Lately I've been gleaning a lot of little tips from other blogs, such as Like Merchant Ships, on making my home more beautiful in small, frugal ways. Frugal doesn't mean living in a dreary, boring space with no art and beauty to remind us of the good things and make our homes more comfortable and inviting. Two very tiny steps I have taken are illustrated here. We have some heavy drapes that cover our front window to keep people in the hall breezeway from looking in. They were making me weary as they are off-white and the entire room is white and even with photos on the wall there was just too much white. So, I found a gauzy, cloth shower curtain at Wal-Mart on the clearance rack and hung it over the drapes, adding a lot more color and coziness to the room. Instead of just piling the potholders on the stove, I put them in a simple basket I had on hand (we only have 2 drawers in our kitchen and I need those for silverware and utensils, not pot holders!)

Sometimes the Little Touches add a lot!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It