Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hearty Whole-Wheat Bread from the Bread Machine


I got this recipe from Biblical Womanhood and it is so delicious! Here is a loaf I made yesterday. I had some ground flaxseed I needed to use up so I added a couple of T. to this recipe. Yum, yum! Now if only I had some plums so I could make some lovely jelly like Laura H.! (See my link to Laura's blog to learn how to make plum jelly).


Homemade Wheat Bread


1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F.)

1 tablespoon milk

2 tablespoons oil

4 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup whole-wheat flour

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons dry yeast


Put all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed. Set on dough cycle. When dough cycle is finished, take dough out and shape into a loaf in a greased bread pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Our Home to Yours said...

Ha ha! Thanks for the link... If you want plums.. You can have some!!!! My mom has so many, and I can mail them to you, if that would work. I made jelly and syrup with 2 plastic grocery bags full.
Let me know! That bread looks so good! I will have to try it! :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It