Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Deals This Week

I love hitting great deals! This week had some really good ones.

Stuff I got at Walgreens:

A bunch of candy for Pastor Appreciation Month: $9 worth for $4.50

Cough drops: $4 worth for $1

Feminine stuff: $6 worth for $4

Bottled water (to stock up in case of a Pandemic because we got these flyers in the mail telling us to be prepared and ready in case of one this winter)- $7.50 worth (18 large bottles) for $3

Chicken Noodle soup- 2 cans for 80 cents

Advil PM--$2.25 plus a $1 off coupon on next Advil PM

Extra Strength Excedrin--I made money off of this one! It was on sale for $3, I had a $2 off coupon and I will get a $3 rebate back on it! I earned $2 by buying it!

Zicam Cold and Flu Spoons-$6 worth but after rebate only cost me $2

3 bubble-envelope mailers for $1

20 0unce Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom cleaner $2.75 normally but with rebate and coupon I got it for $1

Glade apple cinnamon candle-$2 on sale, but I had a $1 coupon and I'll get a $1 rebate back which means it was FREE

Glade Air Infusion Air Freshening Spray (one of the few sprays that actually smells good, not fake) Normally $3 but I got it for 50 cents with coupon. This is handy to have when you have a Lil' Pooper like Jer around.

I got $53 dollars worth of stuff, spent $29, AND I'll get $10 back in rebates. So, I actually spent about $19 on all this great stuff and I got stuff for a sickness emergency, enough to be able to bless our pastor's family, and some stuff we can really use here at the house.

Tip: I had an internet coupon for $4 off of a Johnson's Softwash Shower Lotion but because they didn't have it in stock, I couldn't use it. Walgreens will substitute another item and honor their own store coupons on it, but not honor an internet-printed coupon on thtat exchange item. However, they said if they have an item, they WILL take paper internet coupons, so that is great news for me for future reference! I took the internet coupon to Wal-Mart and they honored it so I got a huge bottle of Johnon's softwash (which came with a free little bottle of softlotion too!) for 77 cents! Gotta love those internet coupons you print off yourself! Get 'em free at a place like http://www.coupons.com/ or other sites.

Tip for Walgreens shoppers: One deal I couldn't get today was the free Advil Extra Strenth stuff that was advertised in today's new Walgreens flyer. Our store didn't have any in stock because it's a brand new product. But if your Walgreens does, take advantage of it. You buy an Advil for $4 and you immediately get a $4 register rewards coupon. Go through the line again and buy another with your coupon and get another $4, etc. etc. It's a great way to get free medicines for those winter colds/flus and (hopefully not) coming pandemics.

My Smith's Deals:

I went to Smith's, which carries Kroger brands, because I have heard from frugal bloggers that Kroger is a great place to shop. Sure enough the deals were great! Here's what I got at Smith's:

8 boxes of cereal (Raisin Bran and Honey Bunches of Oats) $8
Feminine product-$1.69 marked down from $3
2-16 oz. bottles of honey-$3
Shredded Cheese-4 bags for $5 (Great DEAL!)
5 # of ground beef for $7.45
2.5# grapes-$2.50
2.5#bananas-$1.28
Salad bag-$1.50
Cream cheese-$1
Foundation Make-up (my favorite kind)-$7 marked down from $14, but you can get it at Wal-Mart for $10
The thing that makes me so mad at myself is I forgot to use the coupon I had for $1 off so I could have gotten this make-up for $6! Oh well, I still got it for a great price.

Total spent: $41.56
Total saved: $30.25
Items: 25

I love saving 30% or more on everything I buy! I hope this post inspires you to stretch your grocery dollars too! If I could have gotten my hands on some Post cereal coupons I could have gotten the cereal for 50 cents a box, but $1 a box is still a great buy considering the stores in my town will try to charge $4 or $5 a box!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It