Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Worst Days as a Mom

So far, the worst days I've experienced as a mom have involved sickness. I realize there are much worse things some moms deal with like having a kid kidnapped or have cancer or be killed or die of SIDS. I'm thankful I haven't experienced those things. I still find it incredibly rough to have sick kids when I myself am feeling miserable. We've had yucky colds going around our house the last couple of days and two of the 3 days I was alone with the kids ALL DAY LONG. My toddler was incredibly whiny and demanding, and had an awful diarrhea mess all over the carpet. My baby wants to nurse ALL DAY LONG and more frequently at night and has screaming jags that make my throbbing headache all the worse. I wish I had a nanny on days like these. I'm so glad my husband is home helping me with them today. It's impossible to rest and recover when the demands are endless. I'm not even as bad off as my sis-in-law Kandi who has been sick for a week with a cold PLUS a flu. I can deal with sick kids when I'm not sick, but when I'm sick, YIKES! The most miserable time of our entire lives was the few days after Jeremiah's birth when I had the worst cold, Josiah was throwing up uncontrollably for 24 hours, and Ali was sick and our baby was a couple of days old and I was supposed to be on bed rest, but was having to take care of everyone in the family, even though I was anemic and totally exhausted from childbirth. It seems like ever since Ali started going to play groups/nursery, etc. she's picked up more colds than ever before. It makes me want to run away and hide and become a hermit since getting sick is so awful.................................

1 comment:

Our Home to Yours said...

I totally know how you feel Lindsey! it really stinks to be sick... especially as a mom, and caregiver... I feel for you! Hope you are well soon! Keep up the good work!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It