Friday, March 30, 2007

My Angel Girl



This morning I was thinking about how precious little Alathia is to me. I often portray the tough side of raising a toddler and don't convey how incredible it is to have a little one who's learning so much and is so cute, fun, and smart. I love her so much when I watch her sleeping and I have trouble remembering why she frustrates me so much when she's awake. When she comes and greets me in the morning she gives me a hug and says, "My Momma." She's always chattering and says the sweetest things. She truly is independent and strong-willed but lately she's been a lot more obedient and she's a lot less work than some of the toddlers I've seen around town. She is mostly a very fun little girl who loves to play and loves people. However, 15 minutes after these lovely thoughts, I was howling in pain as she dropped a full conditioner bottle 3 feet down onto my middle toe in the shower, breaking it and causing it to bleed too. There's no denying that even sweet toddlers cause endless messes, can cause you a lot of physical pain (my toe is swollen and on ice and I've been bitten, pinched, had my feet stepped on repeatedly, toys thrown at my face, etc.) and take boundless energy to keep up with. But my girl isn't only a terror. She kissed my toe a few times and said everything was going to be okay. She told me she loved me and then wanted me to reassure her that I still love her. I sure do love my wild little gal!!!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It