Saturday, March 17, 2007

Designer Shoes




I'm sure many of you have heard of Robeez shoes, these adorable little leather shoes that sell for close to $30 and are great for kids learning to walk. All the "cool" babies at Babies N' Books wear them. I'm so thankful that my friend Heather gave me a link where I could buy a pattern to make my own. The woman that sells these patterns is a stay-at-home mom with a home business. She encourages you to get your leather at thrift shops. I got a leather jacket and two colored leather purses at the local thrift shop and made this cute pair of car shoes for Jer and puppy shoes for my nephew. Jer's are a litttle big so he'll be wearing them around the time he starts walking. They look just like the designer ones and I estimate that I spent $3 at the very most on materials making them! Go to www.makethemyourself.com to buy a pattern (it's $6.50 to get a pattern with shipping).

1 comment:

Meredith said...

These are so impressive! You are inspiring, and your kids are lucky!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It