Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mother Woes

I adore being a mom and I am delighted to have the priviledge to stay-home full-time with my sweet kids. However, I won't hide the hardships, as some people do on their blogs, and make life sound perfect and wonderful without a bump in the road. Being a mom is TOUGH. Taking care of our little Ali is the biggest challenge of my life. I have moments where I love her beyond words and moments where I absolutely want to throttle her when she's running through the library hollering and pushing shelve-loads of books onto the floor or shoving other kids. Until you have experienced life with a toddler, you just have no idea how it really is to take care of them day in and day-out with no days off. I used to hear people constantly telling me that once Ali got mobile then I'd REALLY be busy and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about! Ali was a pleasant baby (although we discovered Jeremiah is much easier) and I thought the first year of motherhood was a breeze. I was so bored, I was dying to have another baby when Ali was under a year old. Let me tell you, we got pregnant when she was just starting to walk, at a year, and my life has never been boring since! I often wish I could just snap my fingers and skip the 1-3 year stage and all the tantrums, accidents, and public embarrassment it brings! It's definitely not my favorite age stage! There are a few blessed mamas out there who have wonderful toddlers who are quiet, obedient, and easy, but that's most definitely NOT our daughter. We love our daughter and laugh continually at the funny things she says and does, but our particular little 2 year old is a handful in the BIGGEST sense of the word!!!

1 comment:

Our Home to Yours said...

I totally understand what you are talking about! I too struggle with being bored, or feeling un-important... I just realize God sees what I'm doing for him.. laundry, diaper-changing, everything... it really helps the days go by better. Being a mom is tough, but one day, our children will look back and say "Thank You Mom, for all you did." that will truly make it all worth it for me!
Keep up the great work for God, Lindsey!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It