Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Odds and Ends

We started homeschooling this week! The kids are loving it and so is Mommy. Find out why in a coming-soon post!


Our landlord informed us that they will be re-doing the foundation of our house while we are living in it! This means for a month or more our home will be four feet off the ground. I'm not sure how it's all going to work but he assures me we will still have water, power, and gas available for us and that we will get a discount on the rent.


I finally finished the book When I Don't Desire God, How to Fight For Joy. I usually finish books in a few days but this one was DEEP (typical Piper) and hard to read in large quantities. I read it throughout the spring and summer and feel that it was exactly what I needed and that each chapter applied perfectly to exactly what I was going through at that particular time. It's a book I will no doubt want to reference throughout a lifetime. For many, many reasons 2009 has been the hardest year of our lives (we'll go into that more when I do an end-of-the-year-recap) and this book was a tremendous help to me and I highly recommend it.


Summer is drawing to a close! I counted up the number of events we attended this summer (picnics, potlucks, church events, family suppers, bridal showers, weddings, birthday parties, etc.) and came up with 51!!! No wonder homeschooling seems like a breeze since we're just staying home more now! Most summers aren't like this but this summer nearly every one of my remaining single friends got married and we knew people graduating and had lots of family events too. It has been a fun and busy summer, filled with lots of fun and fellowship, and we're grateful that we have so many wonderful people in our lives. Eventually I'll post some fun pics from our family camping trips and MN vacation.

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It