Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Splish Splash Splat

Last week, when babysitting for a friend for a day, I decided to challenge the kids to some "water olympics."  To get the older kids more excited about swimming in our small pool, I pulled out my camera and told them I would be looking for creative water-sliding and that the wildest slides would be awarded an imaginary Bronze, Silver, and Gold medal.





Elijah, the oldest kid of the group, ended up winning the Gold for his wave-making.


A friend had given me a few dozen eggs that were very outdated.  She wasn't going to use them and didn't know if they were still good to eat.  After a little Google research I wasn't sure if they would be safe to eat so I decided we could have some fun with them.  We had an egg toss between the younger kids and the older kids.






It was fun to see Ali and her friend Elijah having so much fun together again.  They used to best buddies when they were toddlers and preschoolers.  Now that they are 7 and 8 and are in different school circles, they mostly play with kids of their own gender and don't get to see each other that much.  The egg toss quickly became a game of chase and these two strong-willed ones resorted to pegging each other with slimy egg shells while laughing hysterically.





No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It