Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Master Meals List

No, I didn't forget about posting this today! I'm posting it late tonight because my mom invited me on a last minute trip to the "big city" of Casper on an errand for my Dad and I decided to join her with the three kids on about an hour's notice. So, my whole day was spent hanging out with Mom, driving, and grocery shopping. We were able to hit up Walmart and thus I stocked up majorly and discovered that Walmart prices vary a LOT! Casper Walmart's prices were much lower than the one I usually shop monthly that is in a nearby town. They also had much more selection.


For all my planning, I really can be spontaneous! And for all my planning, I still make mistakes. We both forgot to get gas in Casper and it was a very tense ride as we realized we were empty about 40 miles from the nearest town with a gas pump. But my van thankfully got us there as we drove slow, coasted down the hills, and prayed hard. You don't realize how scary this is until you've seen the desolation of certain stretches of road in Wyoming!



I share my Master List with the understanding that these are the meals OUR family likes. Many of you will cringe over some things we eat and wonder where all the ribs and pork chops are on this list. This is also not an exhaustive list as I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of the meals we like, especially more winter meals, crockpot meals, etc. So, here is my list:



Mexican
Lupe’s enchiladas
Tacos
Bean Burritos
Nachos
Wet Burritos
Enchiladas with cream style sauce
Tostadas
Salsa skillet
Indian tacos
Taco dip and chips



Italian
Spaghetti
Fetuccini Alfredo
Mushroom Linguine
Ravioli
Lasagna
Manicotti
Angel hair pasta and vegetables
Italian cheese bread and salad
Mac n’ Cheese
Linguine and roasted veggies
Pizza
Quick Pizza


Soup/Salad
Chicken Curry Salad
Black Bean Salsa
Black bean soup
Wild Rice Soup
Chicken noodle soup
Chili
Chicken and noodles
Barley Vegetable soup
Turkey Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Oven Beef Stew
 
 
Chicken
Brown Sugar Chicken
BBQ Chicken
Fried Chicken
Pepper Chicken
Chicken Fajitas
Sherry Chicken
One-Dish Chicken Bake
Chicken tenders/nuggets
Chili chicken on rice
Baked Chicken
Parmesan Chicken
Cheesy Chicken
 
 
Casseroles
Chicken Brocolli Rice Casserole
Western Cornmeal Pie
Brown Rice Spinach Dish
Black bean veggie lasagna
Mac n’ Cheese Bake
Plowman’s share
Stroganoff
Tuna Casserole
Baked Tomato Spaghetti
 
 
Sandwiches
BLTs
Subs
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Sloppy Joes
Chicken salad sanwiches
 

Asian
Stir Fry on brown rice
Quinoa and vegetables
Egg rolls
Chicken curry over rice
Taboule
 
 
Other
Homemade Pizza Pockets
Baked Potatoes
Waffles
Pancakes
Salmon and veggies
Tuna Sauce on Biscuits
Aztec Quiche
Roast Beef
Red Beans and Rice
Deer/Elk steaks



Due to lack of time here I can't provide the recipes for all of these meals. But I will tell you that you will probably find a lot of them on my favorite recipe site, Tammy's Recipes or under the Cooking thread on my blog. If there is one you absolutely MUST have, I'll get to posting it as I have time and depending on how many requests I receive.

1 comment:

Momma Bear said...

thanks a bunch for sharing. I never thought to characterize them this way. It's good in that if you know you are craving a certain cuisine, you can glance at the group under that type and pick what sounds good or what you have the ingredients for, very good thx!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It