Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm Not the Mother I Wanted To Be...

Every now and then I read an article or blog post that just blows me away, brings tears to my eyes, and gives me a whole new perspective. This article did just that. I have folks in my life who have criticized my choice to have 3 (and even more someday) children or who have said they could never do it. I have seen folks pity kids in bigger families or say that those kids couldn't possibly get the attention they need. I have seen myself fail again and again to be the kind of mom I'd like to be, even with only one or two children, and have been tempted to either beat myself up over it or to envy moms in different situations who seem to have an easier life. I have worried many times over what people think of me as a mother or think of my children because of the amount of kids we have chosen to have.


That's why this article was SO REFRESHING and I just have to share it here that some of you moms out there might be rejuvenated by these wise words!

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It