Monday, September 27, 2010

Great Yard Sale Find


In late July, I happened to find a "yard sale" in a former health food/novelty shop that was going out of business.  Not only did I get some great Wyoming posters for my guest room and some Wyoming t-shirts for $1 each but they had cases of Wyoming-made chokecherry jelly marked down from $5 a jar to 24 for $20.  Needless to say, I bought a case thinking they would make nice Christmas gifts for neighbors and friends.


But these didn't make it to Christmas because I decided they would make excellent "thank you" gifts for all the families that helped us move and clean our new home.  I had planned to do cookie plates or baked good thank-yous for our volunteers, but these were much easier for a tired, pregnant mama and everyone loved them!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great find! I love chokecherries. We made two batches of chokecherry syrup last year, but didn't get enough berries picked this year to make more than a chokecherry pie.

How sweet of you to give thank-you gifts for those who helped you move! You've always been so thoughtful.

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It