Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bathroom Remodel


We spent about 6-8 hours cleaning this bathroom before we moved into our home last summer.  It was icky, let's just leave it at that! 


The shower was grungy, and duct-taped together on the side.  When Josiah's folks came out in August, his dad worked on our shower and got it sealed for us.


There were about 13 plastic hooks stuck all over the walls and doors.


There was a hole in the wall and many staples.  There was also a crooked shelf and junky towel bar I took down and a manilla envelope duct-taped to the wall over the hole with some ugly wallpaper stuck on top of it.



It's hard to see but there were streaks and grime all over the walls, in spite of our cleaning and scrubbing.


THE RESULTS.....


I painted the bathroom with a smoky blue called, "Cameron's Eyes."



I hung some of my favorite photos I recently took of the boys


My mom helped me put a new toilet seat on as the old one was kinda nasty!  Josiah put this new toilet paper dispenser in and I put silver outlet and switch covers on.



I went with brick red accents since the bathroom shower is that color.


We put a towel bar and clock on the wall.


To make one of the walls more fun I dipped a few different round kitchen sponges in white paint and made "bubbles" all over the wall.


The shower is all cleaned up and has a nice, clean shower mat in it!


We have a little basket with washcloths and toiletries for guests on this little cabinet shelf.
Since our guest room is downstairs, our guests use this bathroom. 
(This photo was taken without a flash and looks a little dull!)

I love the results!  Now, instead of dreading going into the kid's downstairs bathroom I find myself going in there more often to tidy it up and enjoy the new look!
Total cost of the bathroom renovation, including switch plate covers, paint, frames, photos, spackle, sponges, rug, towel bar, etc. is about $52.

4 comments:

Thia said...

It looks great!

Sheila said...

Very nice!

Heather said...

Wow, you worked so hard and the end result is wonderful! I'm proud of you that you did it all for about $50!

Heather said...

I'm thinking of you! Hope you're all well. :)

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It