Sunday, August 12, 2007

Life at Home




Here are a few pics that showcase life at our house. My one beautiful pot of flowers, which has really thrived this summer, mainly because Ali and the neighbor kids can't reach it! Thank you Mom for potting it and giving it to me as a gift at the beginning of the summer! I made a cake last week for my neighbor Isa, and it is by no means fancy as I was in a rush, watching 3 kids at the time I made it and had only 2 colors of frosting. However, I would like to continue to practice and become a great cake decorater like my grandma! I babysat Fernanda and Frida, my Mexican neighbors so their folks could go out on their anniversary. I found some old balloons which we had fun making balloon animals out of, which I hadn't done in a long time since my Kids Ministry days!

Life here is good, but exhausting. I have those days where I feel joyful and hopeful about everything, and then those "reality days" where things are so hard and parenting feels like work I don't have the energy for. Jeremiah screamed and fussed a lot today with his cold and cutting teeth and Ali was quite a handful. I honestly don't know how those moms with tons of kids that are very young do it without having a mental breakdown. But through it all, I know that God is using these tough days to build character in me and strengthen me.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

There must be something in the air because we have had a few rough days lately with our toddler as well!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It