Monday, February 26, 2007

What I Do

Can any of you moms relate to the feeling that you are running but not going anywhere? For instance, I scrubbed the floor with vinegar today because I couldn't stand the constant crumbs and stickyness. I sweep about 3-4 times a day on average. About 1 hour after I had scrubbed the floor there were crumbs all over it. Then a couple of hours later, my toddler was covered in black refried beans, and thus so was much of the floor. I do dishes only to see a stack appear again instantly. I do laundry only to have my little one wet on me or have to change both kids' outfits 4 times a day. The stack never seems to end. I pick up toys and try to organize only to see the same toys littering the floor seconds later. I feel like I'm busy ALL day long doing things, but at the end of the day, there are still endless messes to clean up and work to be done. I just have to keep PERSPECTIVE and realize that if my kids are alive today, I have accomplished a LOT! My kids' bottoms are dry and there is a delicious meal on the table. My husband has a warm and friendly place to come home to for lunch and after work where he is loved and where there are good things in the fridge because I've shopped. The lights and computer work because I mail the bills. My kids are happy to have their mommy's company and attention rather than a stranger's. My baby is growing out of all his clothes because of the milk my body makes and all of those continual feedings. I need to remember that even though it feels like I'll never catch up or get a day off, I'm doing the most important job in the world. I'm not only sustaining life for two very precious little beings, but I'm shaping immortal souls through the lessons that I teach and live.

No comments:

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It