Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Cleaning Party!

Our freezer after a little organizing. After a couple of weeks of eating out of the pantry and just buying the basics, not stockpiling, it looks awfully bare!
Our messy, cluttered fridge


Wow! Much easier to find stuff now!




The back area of the pantry was becoming quite the eyesore




Now everything has a place. I hang my extra plastic bags off the window rod. My little sewing desk sits between the large box of recycle-ables and the pantry shelves. Notice my 50# bag of 6-Grain oats there! I got a deal on it through the bulk food club and had no idea how enormous it would be. We'll be baking with this stuff for a couple of years! (It's sitting on a hydrolic jack for those of you who wonder what that is!)





This tiny room doubles as a back entryway, a laundry room, a sewing room, and a pantry!


Are any of you joining the Spring Cleaning party over at Simple Mom? While I'm not following everything exactly like she lays it out, I am planning to read there daily for some added inspiration in sprucing up our house. I've hit some target areas recently so I'm not feeling like there's anything that needs TONS of attention, but there is always a list of never-ending stuff to do when you have a house full of children.


Oddly enough, today my spring cleaning has been working on raking and sweeping the front porch/yard since we haven't gotten around to that since we moved here and it's starting to look awful now that it's spring. Our grass seemed to grow high overnight so I'm hoping my hubby can borrow a mower and work on that tonight. We're going to purchase one in the next couple of weeks but the yard can't wait that long!


Since my friend Mrs. Clean recommended microfiber cloths for cleaning, I was thrilled to find them at Walmart on Saturday in the clearance aisle for $3 for a 12 pack. I've been using them and other then the icky, snaggy feeling on your fingers (I have to put lotion on before I want to touch them) they seem to do an INCREDIBLE job of cleaning!

1 comment:

the momma said...

for your oats ~ I'd suggest seeing if you can get a bucket w/ lid from a bakery (some will give them away, others charge a buck or two...) you don't want any critters getting in there.

Also - don't be grossed out, now - there are often larvae in grain, especially if it's organic. If you stick it in the freezer (your nice clean, nearly empty freezer :-) it'll kill anything that might be waiting in there to sprout wings....
ever wonder why grain had so much protein?? ha - just kidding :-)

great job on the cleaning / organizing!

Pin It
Pin It
Pin It